Hardscaping is the name given to non-growing things put in the garden. And I discovered exactly why. It's HARD! this year I decided to try to make a permanent path to my garden as an attempt at beautification. At first, I thought I would get some free crushed oyster shells, having remembered that on one of our many drives , my husband and I had seen house-sized piles of them in a town called (I am not lying) Shellpile. So I made several frustrating phone calls to find exactly who was in charge of the shells. Eventually, I was told that the shells were all owned by the state of New Jersey, which uses them to restore oyster beds (again, the honest truth). Oh,well. I then scrounged some patio bricks from my long suffering son, read a bit about how to install them, and was off to the races.Two weekends and sore backs later we had installed a small path through the herb garden . I love the result, but so far, lack the fortitude for the bigger project out to the main garden. I comfort myself with the thought that it may be pretty, but I can't eat it!

No comments:
Post a Comment