Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Garden Envy

Perusing this month's Mother Earth News I was struck with the wrong kind of green thinking...it is envy. This is what happens when I see photos of other people's gardens, especially the pretty ones! It is also what happens when I am not actually IN my garden for a couple of days, as happened this week due to the weather and my schedule. Pretty gardens are nice, and I have nothing against them. But I am trying to have a low cost garden, and lots of the prettier frills are things I will need to hunt for for free, or buy on clearance at the end of the season. Just like I did for my essentials (shovel and rake bought on sale. fence gotten for free, etc.). I think I will trot out to the garden in spite of the rain today. The plants will still be growing, even inside my ugly fence!

No comments:

Post a Comment