Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Garden philosophizing

Today I received some asparagus tubers from my daughter's next door neighbor. A busy doctor, he still has time for square foot gardening  (look it up ). He kindly sends over some asparagus tubers,knowing I have a garden. Not for nothin' , but I believe gardening increases the sprit of generosity within us. As we garden, we discover our own helplessness in the face of nature, our ability to cooperate with it as we can (organic,organic,organic), and, if we persist, an eventual harvest,both in food and in spirit.

1 comment:

  1. Some people find gardening boring. They think only of the weeds that disturb the plan and structure that they have made or want to make of the piece of soil that they call their garden. However, there is also another way of looking at this same piece of soil. Get some landscaping ideas here http://www.coloradogreenlandscaping.com.

    ReplyDelete