Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanks Giving

After a Thanksgiving meal that "can't be beat", I was unabashedly asking every one at the dinner to join in reading this blog. To a person, they were asking how in the world I could  blog about a garden in the winter. I have to admit, I am looking forward to trying to blog about gardening as a way to get through the cold dark months to come. I honestly don't know how gardeners in places like Minnesota do it. At least here in jersey, we occasionally get weather like today: sunny,mild,and in the 60's..Warm enough for the beach! Which is where I was today,after a visit to the garden,of course.(you knew I would get there eventually, right?)  The row covers are making my greens very, very happy. The mulch pile is warm...a very good sign. Every time I get to walk out back with bare feet,breath fresh air, and touch living plants I am so very thankful!

My plans for tomorrow include a hunt for a blueberry bush or two to plant while the ground is still soft. And the hunt is on for some new posts (free) to support the expanded (free) fencing. Next blog: gardening for busy people. Happy gardening & happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment