Thursday, December 1, 2011

Soil Testing and blueberries

I know i promised to blog about a busy person's garden, but I had to first do a brief update on my garden. I found some blueberries grown organically near by (link to follow for those of you in south jersey, they also do mail orders for those of you further afield). In case you are wondering, fall is perfect for planting Today, I dug the trench, filled it half way with leaves, plopped the plants on top, then filled in with  peat moss.  I then used some of the earth to top off, and finished with more leaves as a mulch. Next, I will water,then hunt down for some pine needles to get those blueberries the acid soil they love. I worked up a sweat with all that digging! Garden as exercise! Bonus of  berries in spring! Where is my masseuse? Next (this time I mean it), a busy person's garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment