Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Photos plus: Spring in fall!


The weather the past few days has been unbelievable ideal! It seems that the day after I prepared for frost, we got days of mild weather: highs of almost 75 on some of the days! Sunshine, a fresh breeze, and lovely warmth! Not that I'm complaining, mind you, OR implying that I have the power to change the weather by gardening. Although,if I could....never mind!   I'm still waiting on some labor to expand the garden...right now the new areas is grass/weeds, and is frankly too much work to turn over by hand. So I'm hoping for a rototiller with a guy or two behind it to do the hard work for me (you know who you are!). A REAL gardener would insist on double digging to create the new raised rows. If you don't know what double digging is, suffice it to say its a nightmare of back,shoulder,& knee pain disguising itself as worthy gardening practice. Not for me,folks!
On another previous subject, the row covers are working like a charm. Here are some photos of the covers and the plants under 'em. Enjoy!





  

No comments:

Post a Comment