Monday, April 25, 2011
Garden tip of the day:getting ready for summer
Here in south jersey summer can get hot and sticky, and the ocean beckons. One of the investments I made in the garden is a water timer, and it has been a treasure for the last few seasons. It attaches to the spigot, and waters the garden automatically . Last summer I set it to water at 5am for an hour, a setting which I only changed if we got two days of rain in a row. I water with a circular sprinkler. I tried drip irrigation one season, but found the hose degraded; after one season parts of the hose just fell apart. I have several lengths of hose leading out to the garden all attached to each other with "quick release" gadgets so I can detach them easily and move them for the mower. So easy, and inexpensive too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment