Friday, March 29, 2013

It's Spring 2013!

Well, it's spring time again. Time to dig in the mud,clear out the weeds and clear out the head,too.  It is still fairly cool here in southern jersey, but I still work up an honest -to-goodness sweat clearing out the garden and getting ready to plant. I am still growing organically, and especially this year want to prevent weeds so I can be sure to have time for the beach!

Advise about how to garden is legion and overwhelming. But as I have written in past blogs, the plants keep on growing whether you know a lot or a little. Find a sunny spot that doesn't puddle in the rain, plant a couple of heirloom seeds and reward yourself with a libation or some good chocolate!

 A packet of seeds costs about a dollar or two, so for a couple of bucks you get exercise,sunshine,fresh air and possible tomatoes to boot!Get out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment