Sunday, March 31, 2013

Rain and other Easter meditations

Traveling to family today for an Easter brunch left me only a couple of hours in the garden...so I cleared some winter detritus, and finished the re-configuration of my now slightly shrunken garden. On our way, it began to rain-a miserable,cold, gloomy rain typical of our early spring days. I am glad for the rain,though, because I finally managed to get some corn gluten for the front yard (via a recommendation from that yogi of all things organically grown, Mike McGrath), and the stuff needed to get watered in. So I was supposed to water the stuff in, but looking out a couple of days ago I had an idea that it might rain soon, so I didn't bother.

All this is by way of saying I am counting my blessings during this Holy season,  not the least of which is the ability to go outside,into my own front or back yard, and dig in my own dirt while listening to birds and looking at the sky. A list of very rare privileges compared to many fellow humans both near and far.

No comments:

Post a Comment