I am picking so many tomatoes every day now that I have put out a table to "sell" them (letting people leave what they wish in a jar on the honor system). And the formula I found on you tube for anti insect spray seems to be working very well. I will give my version of the "recipe" here with this strong caution: do NOT get this stuff on your clothes, because it really does STINK and you will have to wash everything AND take a shower.
Here is the recipe : Put a few tablespoons of garlic in a blender along with a couple of whole hot peppers (dry or fresh, with seeds included) and add water. Blend. Pour into a lidded container (i used a couple of quart sized canning jars) and then add some chopped up vegetable based soap (i got mine at a yard sale ). Let this whole brew sit for a week or more. Strain the resulting mixture into a spray bottle (hold your breath. It stinks) and spray all over your plants. NOTE: when I first made this stuff I put the soap right in the blender, which did work until the soap made bubbles and overflowed onto my counter. So don't do that!
No comments:
Post a Comment