Here in jersey the weather is fantastic. Clear blue skies, a few fluffy clouds, and lots of heat. Except of course, for the occasional sudden thunderstorm. I love it. An early morning or late evening trip to the garden to visit the tomatoes, harvest the cukes, and spray for bugs. Done and done. I am busy traveling to the local pick-your own farms, trying to save summer making jams, jellys, and freezing fruit. And I am going to try to make some plum wine with the kit borrowed from my ever-patient son in law.
Ever since the summer solstice, I have been rising early and staying up late, soaking up the sun against the impending fall. I am going to try to meet each day with joy and gratefulness, knowing that gardening is a privilege not many have. If i get a little blue in the coming cold, I'll just open a jar of jam and remember to count my blessings!
f






No comments:
Post a Comment