Here is my first garden report for the 2012 growing season!
Spring has sprung here in south jersey, and my garden has already yielded its first harvest! Very warm weather for winter,plus my crop covers worked to keep my kale alive ! Some lettuce, seeded from last fall's crop when I missed some seed heads, has sprung up too. The garlic I planted in the fall is doing well, and so are the blueberry bushes.
I sewed some new things this spring: carrots, radishes, and bush beans. Radishes are doing strong and the other two did not germinate well. Perhaps I'll try again in another week.
Of course, good weather for crops means good weather for weeds, and boy, are they going strong. Most are creeping in from the garden's edges....I am trying to cover all with cardboard and newspaper in hopes of gaining control of them (so far a losing battle).
I am on the hunt for a new gate for my garden...free if at all possible. Wish me luck...and get out and dig in the dirt!
No comments:
Post a Comment