Saturday, September 24, 2011
Just plain lazy?
It had been raining for several days here, which is a good excuse for me to avoid the heavy lifting I have yet to do in the garden. The weeding and paper mulching is almost done, and I cobbled together a new compost bin. But that's it. The fall seeds I ordered never came in, and the stores here stopped stocking seeds last month. So it looks like my only chance for a fall garden is planting garlic, and perhaps potatoes. The new fence is still waiting to be installed. The garden looks decidedly pitiful right now. I am still canning tomatoes bought from the local farm (10$ a bushel), trying to store enough before they disappear in two weeks. In truth, I am grateful for the excuse of the rain. I hope my energy comes back soon, but in the mean time, I think I'll take a nap!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment